Sunday 4 June 2023

300 Up!!

No not a Spartan orgy😲,  unbelievably, I've managed to churn out over 300 blog posts!! Technically I'm up to 312 now, I started this post a while ago and then forgot about it😏!!  In just over 3 years that's only a 100 a year, I clearly am not doing enough birding, note to self, get out more!!πŸ˜€ What started in Lockdown boredom has spiralled into a worldwide phenomenon read in over 200 countries, yes I know officially there are only 195 countries, but like any good birder I am anticipating future splits and ticking ahead of time!!πŸ˜‚  At time of writing I've amassed  an impressive 😏16 followers, obviously I only get the most discerning people, not like the millions of Plebs that others get.  I've had over 28000 views,  unsurprisingly  most from Britain, but I've had plenty of views in the USA, am huge in Belgium, surprisingly popular in Pakistan, though not sure what the good folks in Azerbaijan, Indonesia and Ethiopia make of it all!!!

Many thanks must go of course to constant companion and Editor in Chief, Margie, whose catchphrases "Thought you had an O Level in English", "You can't put that", "Can't believe you put that" and "Don't put that" ring out as she toils away removing excess commas, correcting spelling & grammar as well as suggesting/insisting on edits that won't get me sued for slander or beaten up!!! Without her efforts this blog would make even less sense than it currently does!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Although her assertion that people don't want to see endless pictures of Gulls is clearly deluded!πŸ˜‚

My ever first post was a trawl around my local area, where the local Yellowhammers were the stars of the show, pleased to say they are still around and have featured in a few posts since, they are posy little blighters when they are in the mood! 

View the post at the link below, oh the nostalgiaπŸ˜‚

First Post


Yellowhammer 

My most viewed post outside of the initial one, was from our Holiday in Shetland last year, a truly remarkable encounter between a Bonxie and a Gannet, Nature in all it's brutality!

Click the link to read!

Bonxie vs Gannet

Now as we know my posts are generally a procession of birding reports filled with endless pics of Stonechats, Dunnocks and WheatearsπŸ’“ or Seawatching sessions with too many pics of what might be distant seabirds. With the occasional Holiday report from such far off exotic places  as Scotland and Wales thrown in for good measure, where there will be the odd bird pic squeezed in amongst the thousands of Castle pics taken by Margie (She's obsessed with em!). There have, however, been a few highlights along the way. Who can forget the tension as we nervously waited so see if I would win the top prize in the prestigious Upcountry magazine competition!
I did, but I don't like to talk about itπŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Should you wish to read about my triumph it's at the link!

Then there have also been my encounters with large farm animals, though I have, as both my regular readers will remember, more or less conquered my totally rational fear of the killer beasts it wasn't always so!!

So Brave

Who can forget the triumph of finding Sussex's 4th Pallid Harrier, something else I hardly ever mentionπŸ˜„



Gratuitous picture of Sussex's 4th Pallid Harrier!


Then there was the popular "Shed" Trilogy in which Margie had the temerity to question my legendary DIY skills!😲😲





Think my favourite post must be the trip to see Albie the Albatross up in Yorkshire, what a bird, what a day!!



Albie


Although finally ticking the elusive Green-winged Teal is up there!!



Green-winged Teal!! 


Look out for a cuteness overload at the link below,  with the Owlets at my work place being ringed!



So cute and cuddly and the Owlet is nice too!!!πŸ˜‚ 



Then there's my support for the mighty whites as detailed in the post below, celebrating our arrival back in the big time, hopefully we will still be in it next season! (not looking good at time of writing) (Edit: RELEGATED!!! πŸ˜’😒😒😒😒😒 though can't complain we've been crap all season😒😒😒😒 hopefully we can rise like a phoenix from the ashes and get straight back up!! Not looking forward to next season to be honest, Margie is a tractor girl and with Ipswich scraping back up to the Championship from the depths of League One where they so obviously deserve to be, she gonna be merciless in her gloating if by some miracle they manage to beat us!!!😒) 



A few highlights there at any rate, here's hoping I have a few more encounters worthy of  such posts going forward!!
Obviously with such high quality material, rumours of a film are inevitable, though apparently Spielberg has shelved the project as with Paul Newman, Steve McQueen and Bobby Ball sadly no longer with us, there is no one iconic, cool or handsome enough, available to play me😒 Though I think Margie's suggestion of the bloke who played Victor Meldrew was out of order😱!! We had Margot Robbie pencilled in to play Margie but she dropped out over the excessive raunchiness of the character!! We're waiting to hear back from Stormy Daniels!!!😊

Been a few celebrity reviews as well 

Katie M from Windsor

"Great Blog any chance of a Shag!"

Of Course, there you go Katie!!

                                                                 *********


"I don't read your blog, I should do a birding blog, I've seen all the birds, it would be the Greatest Blog ever, everyone would love my blog!"

Donald T,  USA
                                                                  *********


"Good job Shakespeare is dead because if he had read this stuff he would surely have broken his quill at the pointlessness and futility of his ramblings!"

The Staffordshire Times.
                                                                     ********

"Shame, I could never write a hero, so broodingly, ruggedly handsome as this guy!"

Jane A (From the 18th century!)
                                                                   *********

"That's the next Bond sorted"

Cubby B   
Pinewood Studios                                                         

                                                                   **********
I'm throwing away my Spatula and hanging up my Apron, after reading the Coffee and Walnut cake post!!

Mary B (former baker 😒)

                                                                   ************

Not convinced those reviews are all genuine to be honest 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

The Blog is of course more an aide memoire than a reliable documentation of events, although bird sightings are as accurate as my limited ability will allow, there may, unbelievably, be some slight exaggerations in other aspects!!! As well as some outright made up stuff!! 😁

Here's looking forward to the next 3 years worth of birding adventures! I bet you can't wait!!!πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


No comments:

Post a Comment