Saturday 9 May 2020

Local Walks


Well stuck in the house on Lockdown I've decided to write a Blog , as though this virus hasn't caused enough misery already hey! Obviously my first post should be of an epic twitch or a fantastic Birding holiday but that is a bit tricky at the moment, as like everyone else I can only get out local once a day, trouble is unlike the lucky B##st#@ds who live on the coast whose exercise walks, if reports are to be believed, seem to consist of spending hours staring out to sea counting the Poms going by, I have only  my local area which is pretty poor habitat wise with no major wetlands or coastal scrub, so I have been reduced to tramping around fairly sterile farmland , "luckily" I had the virus so was incapacitated for a couple of weeks and now am back  at work so can only go out for walks at weekends anyway, so the frustration is not to bad ( first worlds problems eh!!) and I know before you start I could of died ,count me blessings, others not so lucky, etc!
So what's been about well not that much ,I've been out about four times, fully social distancing obvs! Best I've managed one Wheatear, a few Blackcaps, a Common Whitethroat, 2 Swifts,1 House martin, a couple of Swallows. Seems to be a fair few Song Thrushes in the area but the highlight have been the Yellowhammers, which seem to be doing ok around here with at least 10 pairs local to me and I have in no way explored the entire area yet!! One that posed especially well pictured below! For those interested in the baking side of things I have also managed a batch of fruit scones, pic also below!







5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this great post. Birding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Post mate i am due a visit to a place on stourbridge where i see the yellowhammers may visit there next week. Lovely Photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Photos i see Yellowhammers in stourbridge on the common not been this year i may pay a visit tomorrow and post some images myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian Yellowhammers are always good!! We are lucky to have quite a few around here

      Delete