Today phase 1 of shed replacement began, with the demolition of the old shed, so solid was it that it took a
team of six men 14hrs to complete ,Not really, Actually Margie and I completed the task in about half n hour, with the whole shed seemingly held together by 4 screws and a bit of chewing gum! Margie had already removed the contents and covered them with a Tarp (she's currently drying it all out where the waters seeped in, can't get the staff!!)
|Slightly damp shed Stuff|
So we started on the demolition, I wanted to use a controlled charge of dynamite, but Margie suggested a Screwdriver and a Lump Hammer would be more appropriate, I did enquire after the Risk Assessment but Margie said, she had posted it to HSC and apparently I didn't need to wear any safety equipment for this job!
|Old Faithful disgarded for looking a bit rough ,not looking good for me in Margie's Brutal world!!|
So with the site prepped and ready to go we began the demolition, Margie suggested I worked inside with the screwdriver ,while she was outside with the hammer, I foresaw certain problems with that and suggested a T break to reformulate the plan! After much discussion we decided to begin by taking the windows and doors out!
|Doors and Windows removed|
This was completed relatively easily without incident, although the structure became a little unsteady at this point, though that could have been due to Margie violently shoving it from side to side, at this point it should be noted that Margie's workmen language was very authentic and her builders bum was quite exciting too! (no pictures 😢) Around this time, I suggested another T break but wasn't allowed, consulted the union handbook to no avail. Instead, I diced with death removing screws from the inside while the structure rocked and creaked a bit like a scene from towering inferno without the fire or the skyscraper,(so nothing like that really) there was a mighty groan (no I hadn't hit my thumb with the hammer) the shed collapsed around me!
|Actual footage of my dice with death|
Luckily being as nimble as a young Gazelle and unencumbered with bulky PPE I was able to escape uninjured!
|I could of been under that!!|
A bit of clearing up and it's all sorted ready for the erection.... of the new shed, which is currently being hand crafted from finest Mahogany, in the workshops of a master craftsmen somewhere exotic!!
I decided a celebratory T break was in order while Margie sorted the last little bit of tidying up which somehow took her 2 hours, (can't get the staff 😊😊)
Next we will need to begin Phase 2 the laying of the slabs, which should start at some point in the next couple of weeks, depending on labour availability and whether the Concrete lorry can get close enough to drop it's load !!