Sunday 18 June 2023

Back Garden Stakeout

 I've been a bit under the weather for the last few days, with lots of headaches and feeling spaced out!! (nothing new there😂) possibly Hay Fever or just the hot temperatures over recent days taking their toll, as both my regular readers will remember when the temperature goes over 20 degrees I begin to suffer😢!!  Having bravely struggled into work all week, I decided to have a sofa day yesterday. I was looked after magnificently all day by Margie💓 (she didn't feel great either, but obviously as a man I suffer much more than she does 😱😲) However due to her awesome nursing I started to feel a bit better so I decided to stakeout the garden, with a view to getting a few shots of our local birds, I had been watching their activity all day from my sick sofa, their comings and goings were quite entertaining. I cunningly moved the bird bath, which I had noted being very popular, into the middle of the garden and began the set up. They were a bit wary to start with, sticking to the Hawthorn. But I managed a few shots.

Male House Sparrow


Our wildlife patch, these purple flowers attract a lot of Bees, although they were obviously having a break when I took this shot!

Female House Sparrow



Has to be stated that we were a bit low on variety yesterday, mostly Sparrows and Starlings and the odd  Blue Tit and Robin that did visit didn't fall into my trap!! There were also a couple of Feral Pigeons, four Collared Doves and 3 Woodpigeons, which I just ignored. The Woodies have started their chase each other around the garden antics, which were so annoying last year!!

Male House Sparrow first down for a drink


Mr White Eye our regular male Blackbird sadly didn't come down to the pool to drink, though did briefly alight on the fence

Miss No Tail also put in an appearance and seems to be getting around ok!


It should be noted that my desired reflection shots were largely thwarted by my inability to position the bird bath in a level manner!!😏

Female House Sparrow


Starling





Juvenile Starling, we have had quite a few of these this year!









Couple of young House Sparrows. There have been a few young uns being fed but numbers seem down compared to usual, Lets hope for some second broods!

A reflection, sort of!! Whoop!!!




A nice hour or so, there were a couple of Swifts knocking about, but couldn't really get on them from my position just back in the doorway ! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment