Wednesday 31 January 2024

Blackcaps and Brownies!!

 After a fairly epic Saturday at Elmley, it was back to reality on Sunday, started quite well, with a Blackcap on the feeders in the garden!!

Blackcap through the window so a bit dull!!



We have up to 8 Goldfinches visiting the feeders now!


Starlings beginning to brighten up now!


I decided to make some Brownies, at Christmas my Daughter bought me a variety of Gluten Free Flours and Grains. The Tuscan Chestnut Cake I made with the Chestnut flour wasn't a great success, so I decided on Tiger Nut Flour for me Choc-Cherry Brownies!!


Good Chocolate

Whisk the eggs with the sugar

Melt the Chocolate with the Butter

Fold the choc/butter into the sugar/eggs

Fold in the flour and the Cocoa Powder

Gloopy

Pour into the tin

Cook til Awesome


Try not to eat so many you are sick!!

So with the Brownies in the tin and with the intent of burning the anticipated calories before I ate them I headed out for a local walk!! Pretty depressing, hardly any birds, hedges cut ever lower, but fresh air was obtained and exercise taken!!

Dunnock


Meadow Pipit

Skylark

HPP Church

Skylark

Robin

Redwing

Common Buzzard


Got home ate Brownies!!

January has been pretty good this year, my list is up to 113, which doesn't usually happen til March!! Trips to Dungeness and Elmley were pretty awesome and the best view of a Kingfisher I've had for years down at Widewater! A few of my fav pics from the month below!!

Kestrel

Kingfisher

Robin

Short-eared Owl

Song Thrush



Black-throated Diver

Great Northern Diver

Great Northern Diver

Peregrine

Stonechat

Waxwings

Bearded Tit

Marsh Harrier
Roll on February!!

No comments:

Post a Comment