Sunday 7 January 2024

Waxwings

 Yesterday (06/01/2024) I went to Uckfield to try to see the  Waxwings that had been reported the day before, up to 100 present, so shouldn't be to difficult, right? Well surprisingly it wasn't!!!😂Turned up at Mallard Drive first lightish and having spotted another birder, he put me on too 3 birds high in a tree, a local lady advised us to try the New Road area, which we did and eventually had about 40 turn up!! Light was rubbish and I drove about a bit more than the above suggests but eventually got some pics, a few below!!


As said light was rubbish



They eventually came down to the berries and put a bit of a show!!










They are crackers, though this is the third time I've seen them this winter and the sun has come out once!! Though it did come out on the drive home!!😡😂

Other birds seen, a flock of Lesser Redpoll, a Grey Wagtail, six Greenfinch, a Sparrowhawk  and Redwings. Didn't get pictures of any of em😢 Though I did manage a pic of a buzzard which flew over the site!!!

Common Buzzard

I'm not going for anymore Waxwings this year unless 
A) the Suns out
 or 
B) they are in Hurstpierpoint!! 😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment