Saturday 12 September 2020

Patchwork Again

 Another nice early morning walk around the Hurstpierpoint Patch, started badly,got halfway up the road ,realised I'd forgot me glasses, turned around couldn't find them anywhere at home ,got the spare pair got back in the car ,were on the passenger seat DoH!!!😲 Got to the car parking space, got kitted up took some nice pics of the sunrise started me walk ,100 yards in realised i'd left me glasses in the car!!😂head back to the car search everywhere, suddenly realise they are in me back pocket double DoH!!!😥😯😲!! Senility is here !!!!

Sunrise

Sunrise
Anyway,finally got me shit together and headed out ,very slow going to start with ,Robins,Wrens, Dunnocks and Blackbirds about the best, with no Margie present I took on artistic photo duties and did me best with a nice seed head and a backlit Rabbit
Seed Head

Rabbit
Birds were thin on the ground though a couple of male Bullfinches were nice but too quick for pictures a very pale Buzzard,to distant for good pics, hit a couple of Tit flocks but very flighty and apart from Chiffchaffs nothing exotic with em, a Song Thrush posed nicely in a tree but light was terrible!
Song Thrush

Chiffchaff

Pale Buzzard hopefully will stick around and I will be able to get a bit closer in the future

Another Chiffchaff


So I wandered about a bit, heard several Green Woodies and a couple of GSW but quite slow suddenly near a large patch of brambles a ,brown bird was hopping around on the floor ,dreams of Wryneck glory flitted through my brain ,til my eyes pointed out it was a Song Thrush denied!!
Blackbird
Song Thrush

Song Thrush
At this point I finally hit the mother load Tit flock, good number of Long-tailed Tits, Blue and Great Tits and numerous Chiffchaffs, a Whitethroat and several Blackcaps with them ,though constant movement made IDing everything impossible and getting passable pictures difficult!
Great Tit

Blue Tit

Long-tailed Tit

LTT

Blackcap



Best bird of the day was a particularly showy/posy Chiffchaff which I got a few ok shots of, heard several bursts of Chiffchaff song today a last hurrah of Summer before they bugger of south or to the nearest Sewage Works such classy birds!
Chiffchaff

Chiffchaff




Chiffchaff



Chiffchaff
So that was about, it a GSW on the dead tree and a distant Kestrel the only thing of note on the walk back, fairly typical walk in the autumn countryside long distance with nothing then there are birds all around you then they are gone, enjoyable couple of hours!

Long-tailed Tit

GSW

Kestrel






No comments:

Post a Comment