Saturday 30 September 2023

Calendar 2024

 It's that time of year again where I put a Calendar together from the photos I've taken since last year's Calendar!! It started off a few years ago , with a few for family and friends, mainly because I'm to tight to buy proper presents!! πŸ˜‚ But has now spiralled into Behemoth where last year I did over 70!!!   

This Year I've decided to do it in A3 size as it is much handier for writing stuff on!! The layout is the same as last year with large boxes to write in. The price will largely be dependent of numbers, but should be about £12, plus P&P which is usually about £2 dependent on where it's going to!! But I will deliver free of charge, locally to me, in Hurstpierpoint, though if I can combine it with a birding trip possibly a bit further away!! Any excess money raised will once again be donated to the Hurstpierpoint Hedgehogs, though I have no official connection to them, except they sometimes come in our garden!! Hedgehogs that is, not rescuers! They do an excellent job, last year we raised them 50 quid!! Though I made that up from the tenner profit πŸ˜‚ 

Their website at the link below!!

Hurst Hedgehog Rescue

I will be ordering around November the 25th so if you want one let me know in good time!!! The more I order the cheaper it gets!!


A preview of the pics below, I main change the Cory's pic to a different Cory's pic as I ain't sorted them all yet!!

The Cover has three photos. 


Red-backed Shrike, This is the one from Medmerry, just missed the cut off for last years Calendar!


Scopoli's Shearwater, not gonna be many Calendars on the market got one of these on the cover!

Dunnock from the sublime to the ridiculous, but there are a lot of these round here and they always cheer me up!

January

Cattle Egret, lots of these in Sussex now, liked this flight shot!

February


Red Kites from Wales, this is three different birds not some photoshop malarkey!

March

Pied Wagtail, despite my recent Wagtail woes, I like the back ground to this one, again what was there, not photoshop

April


Stonechat, bit industrial but I quite like it, I out voted Margie on this one!

May

Quite pleased, not to mention surprised to get such a reasonable shot of this bright little bird!!

June

Goldfinch, nice bright close up

July

Kingfisher, Not the brightest pic, but if I get a usable pic of a Kingy I have to put it in for sentimental reasons!

August

Yes I know he's on the cover (different pic) but such a cutie, gotta give him his own month, 

September

Cory's Shearwater, C'mon you didn't think I wasn't gonna put one of these awesome birds in did you, what a day!! 

October

Nuthatch, a very showy individual

November

Snow Bunting, another that missed last years cut!! Another very confiding chap!

December

Robin, It's traditional, unfortunately can't get a snowy one!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment