Sunday 28 May 2023

Farmland Wander

A few pics from  my wander around farmland towards the north of Sussex on Saturday

 I managed an early start, pretty good walk with a Raptor watch in the middle. Buzzards, Red Kite, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and at least two Goshawk the highlights from that, although sadly distant. Good views of singing Chaffinch, Blackcap, a Roebuck that wasn't singing and a friendly Yellowhammer at the end. Heard my first Sussex Willow Warbler of the year and were lots of song from Blackbirds, Blackcaps, Song Thrush, Robins and at least 2 Garden Warbler. I stood so still for so long on the Raptorwatch that a mouse ran across my foot!!!😂

Goldfinch


Blackcap, several heard

Yellowhammer

Kestrel

Roebuck in Buttercups


Song Thrush

Common Buzzard


House Sparrow


Chaffinch

Getting rarer to hear these singing.


Kestrel with lunch

Goshawk


Robin

Looks like it's been a difficult breeding season

Yellowhammer



Reasonable walk round!

No comments:

Post a Comment