Sunday 27 June 2021

Chelsea Buns

 With a nasty looking weather forecast I decided to do a bit of Baking, a batch of Chelsea Buns always a favourite since holidays in Wales as a kid and surprisingly easy to make!

I did the Sainsbury's recipe as it was second up on Google and I had all the stuff! Everything Organic unless stated!!

The dry ingredients a mixture of Strong Bread Flour,Salt,Yeast and Castor Sugar

Melt the Butter

Egg and Cashew Milk (they are a bastard to milk so small!!) Used Cashew milk as bought by mistake,looks the same colour carton as Oat Milk on Ocado and splits when used in coffee so good to use it up and seemed to make no difference than cow's milk in this case!



Mix em together and Knead, I used the Dough Hook on the machine, as I'm lazy,first time I've tried it and worked a treat!


The Dough in a Bowl

Action shot of me cleaning up,don't believe the lies😲

The filling, I use Organic Sultanas, Light Muscovado Sugar and Mixed Spice, though you can use any dry fruit and cinnamon if you like that sort of thing!!! 

The Dough in the bowl after two hours proving

The Dough outta the bowl!



The Dough rolled out and Buttered

The filling spread out and pushed in a bit!

Rolled up

Cut up and arranged in the buttered tin

45 mins later

Making the Glaze

Glaze while hot from the oven

The finished product

It taste good......! 😜

So that's about it a bit of waiting around whilst you wait for it to prove, you can always do what I did and break and mend the recycle bin while you wait!!! But apart from that simple to do and very,very tasty especially warm out the oven!!
Unfortunately these don't keep well and are best eaten when still warm, at time of writing several have mysteriously disappeared!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁 I'm investigating but have little hope of survivors!! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€




No comments:

Post a Comment