Thursday, 23 July 2026

Turtle Failure

 Margie and I headed to Knepp for another attempt to at least hear a Turtle Dove, failed miserably, but as ever with Knepp there was plenty to see. I think the Purple Emperors are just about finished, though we did see some Purple Hairstreaks. The Storks are still about and there were some nice Dragonflies. 

Margie found some nice flowers

She also got some Stork Pics


We weren't quite sure how to tell the Meadow Browns from the Gatekeepers from the underwing!



The Beasts are never far away

Margie found this Dragonfly after about twenty minutes of me trying to point out a Purple Hairstreak to her

Margie managed to get a Stork in flight pic

Grey Heron pretending to be a Stork

I was trying to turn this into a Shrike, til I realised it was a Sparrow, you don't expect to see em in the middle of nowhere

Impressive Rack on this Fallow Deer


Beasts lurking in the woods





Purple Hairstreak


My take on the impressive Dragonfly, some sort of Hawker maybe!



Beautiful Demoiselle

Closest we got to a TD, a Stock Dove!

Another impressive Dragon

Red Kite



Speckled Wood



I think a young Coot or maybe a Moorhen







So no Turtle Doves but always plenty to see at Knepp!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment