Saturday 16 January 2021

Baking Frenzy!

 Note: For the following post please read the word Scones as Scons as this annoys Margie no end!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Baking Frenzy well almost, terrible weather forecast meant no birding exercise walk for me today so I decided on some baking. I had before, xmas bought some  Loganberry Jam from a local farm so decided to make some Scones to put it on, this would also allow me to use my new Food Processor and Cutters that Margie bought me for Christmas, come to think of it most of the presents Margie bought me for xmas seem to revolve around cooking hmmmm, think I may have been taken for a fool!!!😲😲😲!! She played me big time! methinks i'm noticing a not so hidden agenda😏

 So the Scones, due to Margie's begging and employing the old puppy eyes treatment, the plan had changed to Cheese Scones! which I don't even like much and you can't put Jam on WTF how did that happen!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mega amounts of Cheese mixture of Cheddar and Parmesan

Mixed in the processor was way drier than the recipe suggested so had to use double the milk it said!

More Cheese!! Spot the freehand one excellent cutters!!

Came out nice pulled apart as Scones are supposed to

Bit Rustic but looking good!

Plenty Butter but no Jam😒

So with Margie diverted ,gorging on Scones, I decided to make a Victoria Sponge which would be an excellent vehicle for the Jam!! At this point I myself was distracted when a female Blackcap finally started eating the apple I had put up for it 2 weeks ago, Hurrah bout blooming time!!!πŸ˜…πŸ˜ƒ However with the rain pelting down there seemed little point in setting up the camera so proceeded with the making of the sponge!! 
Mixture in the tins ,secret to a good cake ,good tins spend the money well worth it!

20 minutes later on the cooling rack

Filled with Buttercream and the Jam,not sure which should be on top?

Bit of Icing Sugar on top just for the style!

Smallish slice for Margie

Maybe slightly to much cream

Hopefully the weather tomorrow will allow a long, long walk to repair the damage to our waistlines!!😱😲!!




No comments:

Post a Comment