Saturday 1 August 2020

Post Birding Carrot Cake Construction

Returning from a reasonable mornings birding at Seaford Head (post to follow when pics are sorted) I decided to make a Carrot Cake, this wasn't the happy-go lucky, spur of the moment decision I make it seem, I'm not Nigel Slater I don't have the ingredients to make a Carrot Cake lounging around in the cupboard waiting to go, no the ingredients had been bought specifically for this moment, all organic of course except the sugar which I can't seem to get anywhere!! So to cut along story short I made the cake see pics below! all went well until the Icing stage where due to some dodgy weighing and some even m dodgier maths I ended up with Cream Cheese sauce, I managed to pull the situation around by adding half a box of icing sugar and judicious use of the fridge, although, the last pic had to be taken quick before gravity took effect and the filling oozed out, who says the camera doesn't lie!! The cake was delicious although Margie suggested the Frosting/Sauce was a bit sickly for her, I thought it was ok but I do have a sweet tooth apparently!! Should also be noted that sickly or not she managed to tuck a quite sizeable bit away!! Credit to Margie as well for her help, grating the Carrots, Licking the Bowl and Cleaning up, although her claim that I don't clear up properly is a bit rich as before I can even think about clearing up she's out with the cloth and spray, indeed if I hadn't been so nimble on me feet, some of the spray could have ended up in the cake!!

Carrots grated by Margie

Mixing

All Ingredients mixed

Ready for the Oven

They're out

Looking Good
The finished product!! Although 20 seconds after this picture was taken most of the frosting had left the cake note some oozage already occurring left hand side!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment