Sunday 14 July 2024

Botheration !!!!

 Yesterday evening about 9 o'clock I casually checked Birdguides, that had had nothing of interest on it all day, Caspian Tern in Shoreham, noooooooo! First report at 17.08 can't believe I missed it!!😢😢😂Typical, my own fault missed out on my number 2 target bird!! Black Kite being number 1!! 

Obviously I was up early and on my way down, but I kind of knew it wouldn't be there!! it wasn't 😢😢😢😢😭😭😭 I walked the length of the river, from Ropetackle to the last bridge, bumped into local birder Richard, he hadn't seen it, nor had his mate who was upstream. Richard did point out some Little Ringed Plovers. I was surprised there were so few Birders  looking, I suppose most sensible birders had gone yesterday or were were waiting for news, because they know they don't usually stay 2 days!! I also saw a couple of Avocets, a Common Sandpiper, a fair few Swifts and a lot of Black-headed Gulls!!

Great Black-backed Gulls

Little Ringed Plover

Little Egret

Little Ringed Plover

Black-headed Gull

Cormorant

Oystercatcher

House Sparrow (lots along the path)

House Sparrow








Mute Swan


Avocets



Black-headed Gull


Common Sandpiper

Arty Little Egret


Caspian Tern is fast becoming the new Green-winged Teal!!!! Have now enabled push notifications on Caspian Tern in Sussex, rearrange this sentence. "The stable door locking horse bolted after the😂😢!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment